WCW Worldwide - Saturday, 4/19/98
- Ugh, I had a lot I wanted to say, but I'm soooooooooooo
swamped this week, it's not even funny...
- I'm gonna be real brief today...so let me hit a quick few
things before the show results
- Thanks for all that have contributed to the
would be appreciated
- A couple people caught a mistake last week, it
was Barry Darsow, not John Nord, who lost to the
Giant. Thanks for the corrections.
- Dang...I'm getting cable next semester, for the
first time ever...and a course I have to take is
from 7:00 to 8:45, Monday & Wednesday
nights...guess I'm getting a VCR, too
- Let's go...
- La Parka (w/chair) over Julio Sanchez by Flying Cross
- La Parka gets the knee shaking and chair sturt
- La Parka goes for the chair early, but Julio
- Okay match, but nothing memorable...
- Greg "The Hammer" Valentine over Cocoa Samoa by
- Why are we still showing Hammer matches? (Any
hammer for that matter..)
- Chop...chop...chop....by Valentine...
- Nitro highlights...Sting/Nash I
- Horshu over Eddie Jackie by 2nd turnbuckle clothesline
- Ugly...Ugly match...best thing about it was
- A double underhook suplex preceded the end
- Kendall Windham over Mike (Dale??) Tolbert by Flying
- If you've been listening to rumors and the WCW
Motorsports segmants (I have, unwillingly), 2 WCW
guys named Dale Tolbert and Chad Fortune have be
mentioned, and as Wade said, rumor has it that
they're gonna be a pit crew tag team. I don't
remember what Dale looked like...but wouldn't be
too surprised if he was working this match under
a different name, as a tryout for that gimmick
- Nothing much happens here...I'm liking that La
Parka match better...
- Public Enemy (w/table) over High Voltage
- Table almost gets used early...and TPE almost
hits their finisher, the Drive By, quick.
- TPE playing faces, and I think it was Rocco who
finally got the hot tag...
- All four in, HV whipped to each other
- Rage setup outside on the table by Grunge....Rage
moves and Grunge goes flying through...
- Kaos nails Rocco with a clothesline...2 count and
Rocco rolls over to pin Kaos and get the win
- Next week ... Roadblock (NO!), The man that may no longer
be the Ultimo Dragon, "Gentleman" Chris Adams,
and, my pick for most emotionally uplifting match of the
year, Giant vs Glacier. Oh, that'll be fun to watch :)