WCW Worldwide - Saturday, 5/2/98
- I've got a lot to say, but let me start out with this
- Steve McMichael, I know that you probably read
this section. (play along, folks) It's only fair
to warn you. I've had this vision of the future
the last few days involving you. I know you're
gonna come back and want to take on Davey Boy
Smith. That's okay. But, whatever you do, don't
get in a tag team vs the Bulldog and Anvil with
Benoit as your partner. I keep seeing the scene
in my head...and it's not a pretty site.
- Seriously...Benoit's just one sneak attack from
turning into a full-fledged heel. It wouldn't be
too much of a stretch..his twin brother
(seperated at birth, of course) in the WWF just
did it last week and he was a more of a face
- The big thing that's happen this week has been the WCW TV
title switches. To recap
- Benoit beat Booker T on Thursday Night, by
reversing a missed Harlem Side Kick into the
- Booker T took back the title Friday Night, 'cause
the Side Kick connected that time.
- Benoit beat Booker T again on Saturday Night!
- Right here, you would have found my reasoing why
that first Benoit reign would be mentioned on the
TV. But, since I he's got the title agian, that's
- This isn't the first TV title switch not on
TV...who were involved in the last one? (Yeah, a
- If it stands, Booker T is now a three time TV
champion (with about 8 days total in between his
reigns) and a seven time Tag Team champion,
making a total of ten world championships he's
- Alex Wright has also been on my mind...why does he keep
getting kicked out by security? I've come up with two
- WCW doesn't appericate his great dancing
- Alex Wright is not 'in' WCW anymore...wasn't
there a big rumor a while back that the nWo was
going to get a former TV champ that was assumed
to be the Two-Move Package? And isn't the nWo
without cruiserweights? (Yes, Alex is a
cruiserweight...just don't ask him to get on a
- Finals suck. But losing my free Internet connection after
finals is over, 'cause I go home, may suck more. I'm
going to still be doing my Worldwide reports, but...well,
I'll be intresting in seeing how they work out. And
likely, I may be connected to a commerical service by
next weekend...I'll keep you all informed, because I know
you care! :)
- Let's go to the show!
- Fit Finley beat Bobby Blaze by Tombstone Piledriver
- Worldwide Formula #1 (Nicknamed, the match with
noooo creativity): JTTS Winner to be (in this
case, Finley) takes the early advantage. Jobber
Loser to be (Blaze) comes back and controls the
middle of the match. Winner makes the comeback
and hits his finisher for the win. And the match
gets a collective yawn.
- Brian Adams (w/Vincent) over Renegade
- My first thought when I saw this match...I wonder
who would win if they had a match, Vincent or
- My second thought...I definitely don't want to see
- My third thought....Do I really want to see this
- Rumors point Adams joining the nWo Japan to be
their Kevin Nash...
- Well, they already have some one who does
a passable Scott Hall :)
- Not a match I care to remember...
- (Former 3 Time TV Champion) Booker T defeated Johnny
Attitude by missle dropkick
- Per usual for Worldwide, the champ didn't come in
with the belt
- Where is Stevie Ray?
- The 115th street slam set up the end
- See, that just proves that wrestling is fake..if
Booker T, a guy who's at least 6'6", that
big, hit me with a missle dropkick, we ain't
talking three count, I'd be going to the
- Lee Marshall with Scott Stiener...nothing much said that
I felt like writing down.
- Barry Darsow over Mike Tolbert by Barely Legal
- Darsow looked mean and brutal in this match. He
didn't do too many different moves, but when he
did them, he made them look very legit and very
- Still, most of the match was simply punches and
kicks, till the end...at least what he does, he
- Lee Marshall with (2 Time Televison Champion!!!) Chris
- LOL! Benoit's wearing the same exact clothes as
last week....sort of ruins the illusion the
interview is either live or new, doesn't it?
- Lee Marshall introduces Benoit as "a person
who some say was jobbed out of the Television
- Benoit's claiming that Booker T purposely knocked
out the ref, because he was gonna to lose the
- At the PPV, it was shown in a replay that
Benoit pulled the ref in front of
him...hmmm...kinda of revisionist
history...the kind of thing a heel would
- Mongo, if what I said at the top didn't
worry ya, this ought to help...
- Booker T's gonna find out why the call him the
Crippler, says Benoit...
- Ya know, I'm starting to like this feud. It's got
two of my fav guys and some great matches. I'd
like to see it go a while, personally.
- Scott Steiner, Prince Iaukea (w/Maka Maka wrap and
obvious resulting plot hole), Jim Neidhart and Hacksaw
Jim Duggan will all be here next week....AAAAAAAAAAAAH!
That's gonna one UGLY show!
- DDP over Sick Boy (w/Raven's Flock but no Raven) by Diamond
- Jeans and black rib tape for DDP.
- Wow, the fans are cheering for no reason in this
match...the cynical part in me is guessing they
were giving away t-shirts to the loudest person
in that match...
- Took about two minutes before anything more than
a shoulder charge was used...A modified swinging
neckbreaker move by DDP, but Sick Boy took over
with a jawbreaker.
- DDPancake, and I wonder why the flock just
doesn't rush the ring then.
- After the Diamond Cutter, the Flock just walks
- See ya whenever....