What a difference a few years make!
- Mickey A. will be doing the Thunder report tonight. Here are my weekly comments.
- Trivia Question: Ric Flair was directly responsible for helping to end Hulk Hogan's third WWF World Heavyweight Title reign although it was not Flair himself who took the belt. Who did Ric Flair help to beat Hogan for the title? Answer at the end of the report.
- The mailbag:
- From Greg W., the honorary DDT Digest Legal Advisor:
With respect to your question about Tony suing WCW for his weight gain, he probably has no case against WCW. Most, if not all, states have granted employers blanket protection from lawsuits arising out of injuries sustained while working. In return, employers pay into a workers' compensation system. If an employee is injured on the job, they have to make a claim for compensation from the workers' compensation fund. It's possible, but unlikely, that Tony could be
compensated by the fund. Unless Tony could prove that WCW forced him to put on weight, I can't think of any other claims he might have.
- World Television Wrestling it holding a benefit card to raise money for Jesse Ventura's gubernatorial campaign on Sunday, 9/20, in St. Paul, MN. See the Ringside Productions home page for more information.
- By the way, just a reminder. If you see DDT Digest reports anywhere besides DDT Digest other than the the personal pages of the writers themselves, or Wade's Nitro Report on prowrestling.com (he writes for them, too), please let the writer of the report or me know. Yeah, I know I shouldn't get rattled when I see some punk on Geocities claiming our work as his own, but it still bugs me. And, even if they thank me for "supplying the report", let me know because I probably didn't know I was supplying it.
- Trivia Answer: The Undertaker