WCW Worldwide - Saturday, 11/14/98
- I'm in a bad mood. I'm drawing the cynical conculsion
that you pretty much don't care why, but you've been
- Tony and Larry hype the 60 man battle royale...and the
recent acts of Bret Hart
- Larry says Bret's frustrated lately, and he's
taking it out on everyone.
- They go to Tenay, who recounts the recent events
of Bret, including his attack on Nitro
against DDP and his attack on Luger the
- Tenay says they don't know when Sting and DDP
will be back.
- Tony says they're not sure if he's in the battle
royale, but he's pretty sure, because he's a
- They have 60 top contenders?
- IMO, The only three people who have a shot at
winning the think are Bret Hart, Hogan and Nash.
- With the pull of those three, they could
get the win. Heck, Goldberg is going have
a tough time keeping the title at
Starrcade, no matter which one wins.
- Lee Marshall with Lodi
- Lee asks him about his shorts. Okay.
- Lodi says Raven was his best boss ever.
- Lodi's fav sign "Toad needs work"
- He got the idea from watching kids in the
mall while getting gumballs. Lee can't
see the connection. He just doesn't get
it, does he?
- Lee probably thought something silly,
like it was an ad for Lodi's indy tag
team partner Toad.
- Other fav? "Raven misses Lodi"
- Lee says he should make a "Lodi is a
- Tony plugs World War 3
- They go back to last year, where thanks to "a nWo
conspiracy", Scott Hall won.
- Somehow, Tony connects this with what happened
with Booker T, saying that he makes things
- Larry says his deep, introspective words about
- We go to Booker T's interview from Nitro
- I don't like that shirt. Sorry.
- I missed this bit, and didn't hear the
5-time champ statement till the match. I
promptly spit my pizza halfway across the
room. Then I found out that they didn't
acknowledge Benoit as champ and realized
I wasted some food.
- Moving ahead...Booker T vs Scott Hall is shown,
- Later, we'll see a history of WW3 and hear about
the hottest wrestler in WCW now. Tony says we'll
be surprised. I'm going say we're going be
disappionted. I don't know, Saturn?
- Pointless World War 3 promo. You know, they could at
least have it make sense with the event, instead of some
weird boardroom thing. Yea, a guy is playing with a model
airplane...I WANNA BUY THE PPV!
- Tony plugs WW3
- Oops...they hottest wrestler is...
- Larry says they say the bigger you are, the
harder they fall, but they also said the world is
flat. Sure, whatever.
- We get to see Wrath's complete match from the Nitro
11/2, with ring intros.
- I guess the new WCW strategy for getting a big
man over is having him be unstoppable. (See
- WCW Motorsports ad
- Yea, I said I'd never mention this stuff, but
I've got an exception this week.
- Tuesday (I think), I was flipping through
channels and hit a Winston Cup race. After
watching for a couple minutes, who should totally
miss a turn but the WCW car driver, Lance Hooper.
As they were picking up the pieces of the car,
the announcers mentioned something...Hooper and
the car didn't have a sponsor for next year. That
means one of three things...
- WCW is stopping this motorsports
nonsense, and we'll never have to hear
about it again.
- WCW is getting a new car and driver.
Maybe they'll get one that can win a
- Or I totally misheard them. But I think I
didn't, and I'm hoping for choice 1.
- Tony "Next Sunday will be our fourth WW3"
- As we puzzle that, Tony goes over the changes
from the first to the latest.
- Then, they should the same generic promo they've
- Hey, I saw a real man's man!
- Stuipd pointless WW3 promo
- Lee Marshall with Dean Malenko and Chris Benoit!
- Lee points out that when Dean showed up in WCW,
he said he didn't need anyone
- Dean says he still means that, but there's a lot
of guys out there in a lot of factions, and he's
lucky to be part of the best one.
- Lee asks if Chris is happy with the Horseman
being back like it is.
- Chris says he does, and there's no one he trust
more to back him up in the ring than Dean, Ric
- Tony sneaks in one more promo for WW3, and they talk
about it some more.
- Tony says he likes Nash in this one
- Larry refused to pick, because there's too many
- Doc Dean vs Buddy Lee Parker
- Marshall and Tenay are our announcers.
- They bring up Dean's win over Jushin Liger.
- Buddy Lee Parker is dressed for desert combat
- They bring up Buddy Lee's job at the powerplant
- Parker with an armbar
- Dean reverses into one of his own
- Parker re-reverses into a headlock on the mat,
and moves over to cover for the pin.
- Nick Patrick doesn't even count, as Dean's
underneath the ropes
- As both get up, Dean drop toe holds Parker. Dean
quickly puts on another armbar, into a headlock.
- Dean gets pushed off the ropes and lands a
- Parker takes him down, stomps on him and chokes
him using the ropes
- Nick Patrick calls for a break, so Parker moves
back and then pushes Dean out of the ring
- Parker does a real slow and awkward looking
springboard axhandle to the outside
- Parker punches Dean and brings him back inside
- Parker seems to go for a gorilla press, but it's
revesed into a German suplex for Dean
- Dean goes for a Samoan drop, but Parker reverses
it into a bad looking DDT.
- Parker with a body slam...and a top rope knee
drop for the win.
- Your Winner: Buddy Lee Parker
- Tokyo Mangum vs Ultimo Dragon
- Kinda don't want to see this. The last match I
might have ever seen Ultimo wrestle a few weeks
ago, was versus Rey Mysterio Jr on this program.
He may never wrestle again
- They bring up this being a teacher/student
matchup, as well as Tokyo's assoication with the
- Ultimo Dragon pushes Tokyo Mangum into a corner
- Dragon with a headlock, runs off the ropes, and
hits a shoulderblock
- Dragon off the ropes, Tokyou drops down, Dragon
runs the other way, Mangum leap frogs, turns
around a dropkicks Dragon.
- Dragon runs off the ropes again and lands a
- Dragon with an abdominal stretch, a snapemare
takedown and some kicks to the back.
- Dragon continues with double boot stomp on the
- Dragon with a headlock takedown and a chinlock
- Dragon whips Mangum, and hits a shoulderblock
- Dragon with a half Boston crab. Mangum gets to
the ropes after a bit.
- Dragon stomps Tokyo...picks him up and chops him
in the corner.
- Dragon whips him across, Mangum reverses,
throwing Dragon over the turnbuckle.
- Tokyo dances, but Dragon doesn't got out of the
ring...he instead holds on with his headstand and
dropkicks Tokyo. Then he runs over Tokyo going to
the other corner!
- Dragon goes up top
- Tokyo stops him, goes to the rop and takes him
down with a top rope 'rana for a two count.
- Tokyo Mangum with a delay springboard 'rana, for
- Stomp, whip, Dragon aviods, machine gun kicks
- Ultimo Dragon whips Tokyo in to the ropes and
hooks on a normal sleeper
- Tokyo slips to the mat, and Ultimo switches to
the normal Dragon sleeper. Tokyo taps.
- Your Winner: Ultimo Dragon
- Not as good as the other match, but still good.
- Wait a minute, why hasn't anyone said this
before? ULTIMO DRAGON IS THE BLUE BLAZER! The
whole elbow thing, it's just a cover for him to
go to the WWF! Or maybe not :)