- So, for Christmas, kind of as a gag, someone gave me the WWF Trivia Game. Jaws dropped when I was able to answer the following question off the top of my head...
- Trivia Question: Who wrestled in the very first match at the very first Wrestlemania?
- The mailbag:
- From Garrett L.:
Now that the nWo has been recreated, they should go some gold collecting like they used to. Let's start with the nonexistent tag team titles. Lex "I'm not that boring to watch" Luger and Hollywood "Have you seen my new movie?" Hogan should form the incredible tag team of "Team
Now that'll put butts in seats, because Tony's got enough butt to fill half the seats in the Georgia Dome. Oh, was that uncalled for?
- From Grimace:
I recently heard some news that caught my attention and thought it may deserve a spot in a mid-week report. It's not particularly wrestling oriented, but I think you'll see the connection.
Starting January 15, there is going to be a Roller Derby program (weekly, I assume) on The Nashville Network (TNN). First, that's good news because I always loved watching Roller Derby several years back (the T-Birds, the Golden State Bombers...) and secondly it's a reason to actually WATCH the TNN for something other than Dukes of Hazzard reruns.
I'm thinking some other wrestling fans may dig it, assuming they can handle wrestling on roller blades.
- Rather than respond to the ton of mail I got about Nitro for the PC, I'm going to give a blanket "thank you" here. I'm kind of short on time right now, so in a later update I'll probably summarize the responses.
- As for Nitro on Monday and my opinion of Hogan's return, I'm not even going to bother giving it to you. You can guess what it is, and there's nothing I can say that you haven't thought or read already. Like Starrcade, I got a lot of hate mail but, unlike Starrcade, I did get one positive note about Nitro.
However, you have to admit, it's got people talking. And, in the entertainment business, there's those who say there is no such thing as bad publicity.
- Something that I got a little mail about was the lack of pictures in the Nitro report and there being no picture on the main page for the Nitro. I don't know if I've ever stated it explicitly, but we are a "no spoilers" site. If I had posted a picture of the reunited nWo with the belt at the top of the report or even within it, it would have given it away. That's why I put it behind a link.
Actually, for you long-time readers, you may have noticed that about a year ago, the format for the headline for a match report changed from "Norman Smiley made The Warrior submit to the Norman Conquest" to "Norman Smiley vs. The Warrior", and putting the finish of the match at the bottom of the report.
Personally, I don't like the format of a number of the news pages saying in big letters on the main page: "New WCW Champion crowned on Nitro". It's like a reading the end of a mystery book first. So, rest assured, to the best of our abilities, there will be no spoilers of any kind on DDT Digest, right down to the pictures and match descriptions. On the rare occasion something might be a spoiler, there will be a big warning beforehand.
- I've stayed away from reporting anything about Scott Hall's personal problems. However, Chan of Chan and Charlie sent in a link to the National Enquirer article about Scott Hall. If for no other reason, I had to post it because the mug shot is so funny. Plus, the content of the article itself is so laughable.
From what I've read, even though the article makes it seem like Dana Hall was in cahoots with the Enquirer, it seems it was done totally without her consent or explicit input.
By the way, when they named their kids, do you think they were watching a little too much Regis and Kathie Lee?
- I'm going to try to avoid beating a dead horse, but the "Official" Chris Benoit Site seems to be a real scam. Whether it is "official" or not, I don't know, but I have gotten e-mail from people that, just like me, had stuff stolen from their site for use on the Benoit site. Also, even though it's an "official" site, it has had some factual inaccuracies.
- Eugene C. sent us a link to an article about Bill Goldberg in the Philadelphia Inquirer.
- Totally non-wrestling related, but if you've got a couple minutes, check out a link sent to me by a co-worker.
- Trivia Answer: Tito Santana and The Executioner