- Trivia Question: (I think I've had this one before, but it's timely, so I'm going to do it again.) When Kevin Nash pinned Goldberg at Starrcade, he obviously earned the distinction of being the first man to beat Goldberg. However, by doing so, he joined a very elite group of men by becoming only the fifth man in history to hold the WWF World Heavyweight Title and either the NWA or WCW World Heavyweight Title. Who are the other four?
- The mailbag:
- From Mas in Toledo, Ohio:
On your mid-week report you wrote:
So, for Christmas, kind of as a gag, someone gave me the WWF Trivia Game. Jaws dropped when I was able to answer the following question off the top of my head...
This is too eerie -- I had the EXACT same experience at Christmas! And it was the same question, too. That either makes us kindred spirits, or guys who know WAY too much about 80's wrestling.
Trivia Question: Who wrestled in the very first match at the very first Wrestlemania?
- Just a reminder to everyone: Keep sending in those house show reports. Among other things we try to do here, we try to have the most complete set of WCW win/loss records. Alex S. and I do our best to scan the newsboards to make sure we get the results of the cards if no one sends me a full report, but there were a lot that we could not find results for last year. Hence, our stats are incomplete. So, if you attend a show and don't see the results posted here, if you could take five minutes and just send who won and lost, and how it happened, it would be much appreciated.
On a related note, I do have the full results of the Gainesville WCWSN taping and last week's Thunder taping. I will be posting them once they are no longer spoilers. (I haven't even read them. I went to the link I was sent and copied and pasted the show reports into a file without reading.) From what I'm told, each show had at least one dark match.
- For those of you who'll be in or near Greenville, SC, this Friday, Arn Anderson will be making an appearance at the Palmetto Expo Center for Gore's Corvette World. See his official page for more details.
- You probably noticed the survey on the main page. I found the free polling service the other day. The only "cost" is the ads on the survey results page. As you know, I run a commercial-free site, but since I'm not taking money for those ads, I don't feel I'm "violating my own policy". And, for you HTML wonks, the thing that's really cool is that the survey voting is that it is just some straight HTML copied onto the main page. There's no performance hit until you Submit a vote or look at the results. So, at least for the time being, I'm going to keep it.
However, my continued keeping it is totally dependent on the readers. Whenever possible, I'd like to do funny polls. Personally, I don't have any urge to do a poll of whether Nitro or RAW was better. However, polls about who you wouldn't want to find in your bathroom are the type of thing that stays in the "spirit" of DDT Digest. But, the only way this is going to work is if you guys help me out. Please send me any funny ideas for a poll with your answer choices. If I get some good ones, I'll keep the poll going.
- I got a couple of e-mails from Jay Diego this week. He filled me in on a show he had a match on for Power Pro Wrestling Federation and some other stuff going on with him. He and I are hoping to connect on the phone at some point and provide some updates to his ongoing interviews.
- Trivia Answer: Ric Flair, Randy Savage, Buddy Rogers and Hulk Hogan