WCW Worldwide/MAD TV- 2/27/99
- Hey! WCW is suing the nWWWo
for no good reason. Well, actually, they have a reason
(the nWWWo is illegally using their trademarks) and I
have an idea what the real reason might be (the nWWWo has
too much fun pointing out what's wrong with WCW), but
they aren't good, at least in my mind. But, make your own
mind, visit the site and check it out.
- Anyway, I don't have any time to say anything, so let's
get to the show.
- They start with the Bret Hart/Will Sasso stuff, leading
up to their match on Nitro 2/15
- Actually, MAD TV runs opposite of WCW Worldwide
- There's supposed to be an arm wrestling match
between the two on MAD TV tonight
- I'll keep flipping back to see if I can catch it.
- Mene Gene interview with Scott
- Whoa, we are offically reaching.
- Gene keeps refering to him as Scott instead of
- "It's nothing but good days ahead."
- "The Flock was one of the most misearble
times in my life"
- "If you look at [Raven], you can tell
there's a need for soap"
- "The one thing he needs is a good kick in
- "I don't care if I win or lose, I just want
to beat some sense into him."
- Locally, WCW Worldwide is brought to us by Dodge. Just in
case you wanted to know.
- Next week, Superbrawl info. This week...
- Luchadors. Why? Because we got time to kill this week.
- Juvie/Psi/Blitz vs Calo/Dandy/Garza from Nitro
2/15 is shown, or at least clips off it.
- First time I got to see the Stardust Press.
- WCW Unsensored Promo.
- Wow, the 14th. That's a quick turnaround.
- Hope they start setting up the card quick the
next couple weeks
- We go back to the ultra-cool Adams/Horace vs
Benoit/Malenko cage match from Thunder 2/18
- Hey, they may just be killing time this week, but
they're finding good ways to do it.
- Hey! Arm wrestling on Mad TV!
- Hmm...I missed some stuff while watching the
SUPER HEADBUTT~!, but, as you can read on RWIN,
Michael Buffer was there, and ran through clips
of the feud. They also added a new clip, of Debra
Wilson and Bret Hart talking before the match on
Nitro. Sasso apparently saw the convesation
between the two (he was hidden from their view),
but was also apparently stupid enough to continue
trusting Wilson. Whatever.
- Debra Wilson is in Bret's corner, with cruches.
- Bret's groin pull has flared back up, he claims.
- Bret backs off the first time they lock up
- Bret has Sasso going down slowly
- Bret's groin pull flares up, and causes him to
lose to Will Sasso.
- Sasso celebrates. Debra hands Bret a crutch. Gee,
I wonder what's about to happen.
- Bret breaks the crutch over Sasso's back.
- Sasso crumbles to the ground, and Bret gets in a
- Security tries to stop Bret, but Bret just swings
the crutch at them, which back them off.
- Hey, it's Roddy Piper, what the heck?
- Piper comes out of the audience, grabs some
hairspray and into Bret's eyes. Bret didn't see
- Bret backs off, then clotheslines the arm
wrestling ref for no reason.
- Bret exits stage left, with security following
behind. Debra goes with him, even though Piper's
saying he wants to talk to her.
- Sasso leaves the other way, ignoring Piper as
- That's good, we should all ignore Roddy Piper :)
- Norman Smiley vs Damian
- Larry Zybszko and Scott Hudson are tonight's
- Lockup, and Damian gets shoved down to the mat
- Lockup, Damian goes behind, Smiley to the ropes,
but misses a chop as they break.
- Damian springboards off the ropes with a cross
body for 2 count
- Damian off the ropes, right into Norman's knee.
- Norman does the mini-Big Wiggle.
- Damian is thrown in to the corner, Norman charges
in and eats boot.
- Damian comes out of the corner with a flying
headscissors, knocking Damian through the ropes
- Through the ropes tope by Damian! Looked good.
- Damian whips Norman in to the stairs, and then
pushes him back in the ring.
- Damian does the mini-Big Wiggle
- Damian whips Norman in to the ropes, leapfrogs
him coming back, celebrates a little, and goes
for a monkey flip
- Norman catches him, like he's about to give him
an inverted powerbomb, and does the Big Wiggle on
- Whip, twisting powerslam by Smiley
- Norman whips, puts his head down to soon, and
Damian kicks him in the head.
- Damian does the Big Wiggle, to the disapproval of
- Damian chokes Norman on the ropes, whips him in
- Damian runs in, Norman tries to stun gun him, but
Damian blocks it.
- Damian tries to go up top, Norman pulls him down
and gives him an inverted suplex
- Norman Conquest for the win.
- Your Winner: Norman Smiley
- Announced card for Chicago House Show, March 19th
- Hogan/Flair (for the title)
- and the obligtory much much more.
- Dave Burkhead vs Jerry Flynn
- Zybszko "Is Burkhead a Power Plant
- Savate kick, chop, machine gun corner kicks by
- Cross whip, Flynn runs into Burkhead foot,
- Burkhead follows up with a clothesline, slam
- Burkhead drops an elbow, twice, then covers for a
- Burkhead kicks once, but the second try is caught
by Flynn, who puts him in ankle lock submission
- Dave gets right to the ropes, but gets thrown
- Jeryy Flynn beats him outside, with kicks, and
throws him back in.
- Burkhead controls again with punches as they get
back on the inside.
- Flynn with a eye poke, chop, snap mare, and a
- Flynn with a whip and a clothesline on Burkhead
- Flynn taunts the crowd, punches Burkhead, chokes
him in the corner with his boot, and hiptoss him
- Flynn with a back elbow, whip, cover for 2 count.
- JF corner whip, spin kick in the corner that
takes him out of ring
- JF comes back in, armbar into cross armbreaker
for the win
- Your Winner: Jerry Flynn
- March 6th, WWF is here.
- Austin/Mankind vs Kane/Rock, Rattlesnake (in
other words, no) rules.
- Bossman vs the Undertaker
- and of course much much more
- Mene Gene with Bret Hart
- Wow, he gets around quick.
- To sum up a minute of complaing, Bret's still
kinda mifed about having to wrestle with the
- "I got robbed, I got ripped off by WCW"
- "It was an injustice."
- Bobby Eaton vs "The Leader of the nWo Black and
White" Brian Adams (w/"The Leader of the nWo
Black and White" Horace Hogan)
- Hudson mentions the Midnight Express in
relationship to Eaton.
- No mention of guys named Holly or Gunn,
- Adams wants a handshake, and doesn't try anything
with it. Weird.
- Lock up, Adams throws him to the ground.
- Adams poses for the crowd.
- Adams with a headlock, whip, shoulderblock knocks
Eaton out of the ring
- Eaton stalls a little on the outside and comes
- Adams with a boot to the head, snap mare, boot
- Adams with a nice Gorilla Press
- Adams with a whip, Eaton avoids two clotheslines
but not a Horace trip.
- Adams follows with a legdrop, then rolls out to
discuss the trip with Horace
- Adams with a Corner whip, charges in to an Eaton
- Eaton throws some punches, whips Adams,
reveresed, but Bobby lands a swinging
neckbreaker. 2 count.
- Eaton decks Horace off the ring apron, but that
allows Adams to hit a stun gun.
- Top rope clothesline (!) from Adams. No cover.
- Adams picks him up, whip, reversed, Eaton with
his head down too soon, Adams piledrives him for
- Your Winner: "The Leader of
the nWo Black and White" Brian Adams.
- Horace throws Eaton out of the ring, so they can
celebrate by themselves.
- Back to MadTV
- Piper's out (with the US Belt, hmm...pretaped?)
and patching things up with Wilson and Sasso
- Wilson said she only helped Bret so he'd take it
easy on Sasso.
- They hug. Good for them.
- Piper says Sasso should get to hit Wilson with
the chair to make them even.
- Sasso and Wilson dissagreed, but the crowd wanted
it to happen.
- Sasso chased Wilson backstage with a chair as the