WCW Worldwide - 3/6/99
- One match this week, but it's an honest to goodness title
defense. You think it changed hands?
- Superbrawl IX recap to start the program
- The usual "WCW Magazine" clips and
- Was it just me, or they just drop the "Crazy
ref Scott Dickinson" angle quick?
- "Hogan matched Ric Flair move for move"
- Interview with Scott Norton
- Mean Gene screws up the name of the IWGP title
- Norton wouldn't mind facing Hollywood for the
- "I don't think you even know what you're
talking about Gene"
- Norton just walks out on Gene. Good for him. Good
- Back to Nitro 2/22, as Rey Mysterio gets his revenge on
- The Bronco Buster is replaced with a crowd shot.
- WCW Uncensored Promo
- Booker T's upset of Bret Hart from Nitro 2/22 is shown.
- They really really need to give something Bret to
- Let me clarify: Something that doesn't involve
Mad TV or Piper.
- Scott "TV Title? What TV Title?" Steiner versus
Goldberg from Nitro 2/22 is shown
- A quick clip of Bagwell's portion of the
Steiner/Bagwell interview is shown, but not
- Tony mentions "The Challenge" during
- "WCW" Uncensored Promo
- How do they keep trading nuggets for seats, and still
have a full box of nuggets? And wasn't that a potato chip
commercial at last years Superbowl?
- How do you throw someone out of the ring while doing a
Torture Rack? Can I still get the Giant action figure?
- Cruiserweight Title Match: Billy Kidman vs Scott Armstrong
- Tenay uses Armstrong as an example of how deep
the Cruiserweight Title division is. Okay.
- Hudson says the title defense rules are 3
defenses every 3 months, which he figures
out to 1 a month. That could explain a few things
if it was true, but who'd know?
- Lockup, corner, break in the corner.
- Kidman, headlock into a shoulderblock, dropkick,
- Kidman with a whip, Scott reverses, Kidman ducks a
clothesline and hits a crossbody for 2.
- Tenay and Hudson do the usual thing "Flock
guys are better off without the Flock."
- Yeah, maybe for Saturn, Horace and
Kidman, but can you really say Lodi is?
Van Hammer? Riggs? Sick Boy? Reese? At
least while they were losing, they got TV
- Kidman with a high knee, off the ropes and caught
by Armstrong in to a Hot Shot
- Armstrong taunts, smashes Kidman's head into the
turnbuckle, chop, corner whip, and a clothesline.
- Armstrong with a whip, Kidman counters with a
Sunset Flip 2 count
- Armstrong whips, flapjack on Kidman and a
clothesline as he gets to his feet.
- Armstrong whip, clothesline. Armstrong gives
Kidman a...gutwrench gutbreaker. Never seen that
- Armstrong with a snap mare, running elbowdrop and
a 2 count
- Armstrong with a punch to the head, cornerwhip,
Kidman ducks from an elbow, runs off the ropes
and lariats him.
- Kidman up first, whip, dropkick, Armstrong holds
- SA taunts, covers for 2, vertical suplex, and
another 2 count.
- SA goes for a Gorilla Press, I guess, but Kidman
reverese and lands a Sky-High, er, short powerbomb.
- Kidman off the ropes, misses the cross body and
hits the floor.
- SA throws him back in, comes off the 2nd rope and
misses an elbow drop.
- Kidman up first, blocks a punch and lands his
own, repeat, Kidman misses the third time, Scott
goes for a belly to back but Kidman (kinda) flips
out and hits an Acid Drop.
- Kidman goes up top (wow, no face slam this time),
but Scott crotches him and hits a hanging DDT for
- Oh. Scott goes for a powerbomb. The rest writes
itself. The Shooting Star Press for 3.
- Your Winner and Still Cruiserweight Champ:
- Interview with Barry Windham and Curt Hennig
- You saw the interview on 2/22 Nitro? You saw this.
- You didn't? You didn't miss much. They'll be
willing to give Benoit and Malenko a shot, as
long as they don't have to face them.
- Wow, one match. Tony and Larry talk up Uncensored
- Tony "This could be the most volatile
- I've heard other Uncensored have been
volatile...on people's stomachs.