WCW Worldwide - Saturday, 3/20/99
- Hey, folks.
- Got a VCR over the weekend, which worked out well,
because I was planning on visiting a friend while
Worldwide was going on this week. So, I set up the VCR
Programming, tested it out on a show of slightly lesser
importance beforehand (well, then again, seeing the Quakes and Amy win
was important) and felt confident that when I got back
Sunday, I'd be able to sit down and watch an hour of WCW.
As you can probably guess by now, I got an hour of snow.
- Luckily, my friend and I happened to watch the last half
of the show, including the two matches of the week. So,
at least I got something.
- In a WCW related note...we happened to be flipping
channels and noticed that there's now a WCW Wrestling
instant game from the Illinois lottery. While the thought
of getting money for scratching out Hogan is intresting,
I don't think I'm going be running out to get one. More
info about is over on the WCW.com
- "The Cat" Ernest Miller (w/Sonny Onoo) vs Barry
- No Glacier lazers/lights during Cat's entrance.
He did the get the James Brown music, though.
- The Cat grabbed the mic. We flipped the channel. Ultimowreslting.com's
report says Cat said he beat the entire nWo
and did his normal stuff.
- Usual Cat match, meaning lots of kicks and
- Your Winner: The Cat via weak
looking spin kick.
- Raven (w/Chasity) vs Kaz Hayashi
- Wow, and I'm sure they thought taping matches
more often would solve the continuty problems.
Worldwide operates in a one week behind parallel
universe, so they don't notice anything weird
about it. Personally, I don't mind too much if it
gets Chasisty on my TV.
- You know, I've been thinking all week,
why didn't Chasity just cover Raven
herself after she knocked him out at
Uncensored? She could have been the Queen
of Hardcore. And if you think they wouldn'y
have counted the pinfall, you
haven't been watching enough WCW.
- Pre-Match, Raven grabbed the mic and complained
about facing "the feared" Kaz, talking
up his opponent, the ending with the usual
"What about me? What about Raven?"
- Kaz jumped Raven as he finished his mic work, and
got an early advantage, knocking Raven outside.
- But Kaz missed (and hit hard) on a sommersault
senton to the outside.
- Raven used a microphone on the outside and then
took Kaz back inside, throwing in a chair.
- Raven set up the chair in the corner, and whipped
Kaz into it. Kaz hit it hard, head first.
- Later, Kaz came back, reversing a whip into a
bulldog onto the chair.
- Kaz set up the folded chair on Raven's chest,
went to the top rope and hit a big senton bomb on
- The problem was, it took so much out of Kaz
(remember, he hurt his back before), that it took
him about 10 seconds to make a cover, and Raven
kicked out at 2.
- Kaz set up the chair and went to the top again...
- And hit the senton again! Kaz again slowly
crawled over to cover and Raven barely kicked out
- Not too long after, it was an Evenflow DDT and...
- Your Winner: Raven.
- Pretty good match, makes me wish I had the tape
so I could watch it agian :)
- Mean Gene talked to Billy Kidman
- They did act ually mention that Billy
"recently" lost the C-weight Title in
the interview, although they didn't mention who
- Kidman's kind of sad, and wants the belt back,
because "Gold gets babes."
- Gene brings up a time where Kidman loaned him the
belt, and Gene got tons of women. Okay.
- Kidman suggests they go after the tag team belts,
so they each can have one.
- They hype an Uncensored recap of the PPV next week, and