WCW Worldwide - Saturday, 3/27/99
- WCW Uncensored recap/stills are shown to start the show.
- Mean Gene with Rick Steiner
- Gene "If you ask enough questions, you'll
- Steiner helps him remember "the right
- Rick Steiner talks about Buff and Scott going
against him and gets waaay to close to the
- Gene tries to convince Rick to that it might be
worth teaming with Scott to get a shot at the tag
belts. Rick would rather team with Goldberg, for
- The interview that set up the main event tag match on Nitro
3/15, and the match itself, is shown
- In between the interview and the match, we get a
commercial break, including an ad for the
Illinois Lottery WCW game. You can win a WCW
T-Shirt or $10,000. Goldberg does the commercial,
but Stevie Ray is featured too prominently.
- No sign of any other nWo B-Team member,
so Stevie really must be the leader.
- Tony thinks that Ric might "have a little
more edge to him since he won the world
title." No way, man, you think?
- The Nash/Hogan double boot was a nice spot.
- Nice that everyone but Flair gets their offense sold. That's the way to build up your champion.
- Same Nitro, Rey Mysterio Jr. vs Kidman for the Cruiserweight Title.
- Barry Horowitz vs Johnny Swinger
- "The Scoop Twins" Scott Hudson and Mike
Tenay are commentating on the matches this week
- Horowitz "Am I cool or what? If you don't
believe me, ask your sister."
- Swinger has stolen tights
- Horowitz attacks before the bell, kicks, forearm
to the head, back rake, and a reverse facelock
into a backbreaker, for a two count.
- It looked kinda like the Scorpion Death
Drop, so the announcers wonder What Sting
- Double foot stomp by Horowitz, and a pat on the back.
- Cross corner whip into a double arm belly-to-belly suplex by Barry
- Barry with a airplane spin and a drop kick.
- Horowitz covers, two-count. Covers again, two-count.
Covers again, still a two-count
- Horowitz whips Swinger, Swinger slides under
Horowitz and comes up with a jawbreaker.
- Swinger off the ropes with a diving elbow, puts
Barry in the corner and lays in some kicks.
- Cross corner whip, and Swinger snap suplex on his
way out for a two-count.
- Barry rolls up Swinger for a two-count, follows
with his 3/4 full nelson roll up finish, for a
- Barry whips Swinger off the ropes, jawjacker of
the knee, sidewalk slam and a slingshot legdrop
for the 3 count.
- Your Winner: Johnny Swinger
- Mean Gene with the World Tag Champion Vanilla Midgets.
- That's Chris Benoit and Dean Malenko
- Dean says it doesn't get any better than when you
have 3 out of 4 members walking around with gold.
- Hmm, I'd think that maybe 4 out of 4
might be better.
- They say anyone can have shots at them, but
they're not going lose them.
- La Parka (w/non-folding chair and cape) vs Chavo Guerrero, Jr.
- La Parka air guitars and struts on top of the
chair in the ring.
- Yes, Tenay does call him "The biggest of the
luchadores", thanks for asking.
- Chavo attacks before the bell, with kicks. Whip,
reverse, flap jack, clothesline by La Parka.
- Chavo rolls out, La Parka Strut!
- Chavo fakes a test of strength, then hits a drop
kick to the knee.
- Chavo whips, reversed again, tries to slide under
to set up a move, but they blow it kinda.
- Parka punches Chavo on the mat, picks him up,
belly-to-back suplex, which Chavo flips out of.
- Parka, unaware that Chavo is standing right
behind him, goes into the La Parka Strut, and
turns around right into a chop.
- Chavo chops him into the corner, but then La
Parka reverses him into the corner and chops
- Chavo gets a punch in, knocking La Parka back.
- Parka tries to charge in, but gets a foot to the
head, knocking him backwards.
- Chavo charges after him, and gets Hotshotted onto
- La Parka backs up, charges in, and caught by
Chavo, who puts him on the top turnbuckle.
- Chavo turns around to tell the fans that he's
going up top, and Parka jumps off and takes Chavo
down with a headscissors.
- Chavo gets up and charges at Parka, flipping out
of a body slam but getting hit with an enziguri.
- Chavo rolls to the outside.
- La Parka comes off the near ropes, then back off
the far ropes, and dives through the ropes at Chavo.
- La Parka gets back in the ring and tries for a
baseball slide, but Chavo slides in as Parka
- Chavo stomps Parka as he comes in.
- Chavo with a whip, and a clothesline.
- Chavo with a big belly-to-back and a two count,
when Parka gets his foot on the rope.
- Chavo with a dropkick to Parka's back, picks
Parka up and gives him a turnbuckle smash.
- Chavo with a cross-corner whip, reversed, Chavo
kips up on the turnbuckle once, but La Parka
doesn't come in.
- Chavo does it again, and La Parka catches him and
struts with him.
- Chavo slides down his back and pushes Parka into
- Chavo charges in with a Stinger Splash, but no
- La Parka sets him up top, and signals to the
crowd that he's going up.
- Superplex attempts fail, and Parka gets a front
suplex from Chavo.
- Chavo hits the Tornado DDT for the three.
- Your Winner: Chavo Guerrero Jr.
- Tony and Larry close out the show.