- Trivia Question: Which of the following men has never wrestled for the WWF? Chris Benoit, Bobby Eaton, Dory Funk Jr., Dick Slater, Erik Watts (answer at the end of the report)
- The mailbag:
- Mark R. in St. Louis writes:
My buddy and I take in a Cardinals game yesterday, and as we’re taking our seats we hear over the P.A. "...wrestling icon and president of the WCW, Ric Flair..." and, sure enough Flair’s throwing out the first pitch.
We’re mildly amused and Flair hits the plate. Somewhere in the second inning I look up to find Flair, a kid I assume is his son, a bodyguard, and two WCW lackeys. (One is wearing an official WCW logo).
They sit directly behind us, about two seats down. My buddy and I are dying to ask him something like, "We don’t want an autograph, but would you mind eye raking us?"
- An anonymous reader writes:
With as close as Sting and Flair got on Nitro...you'd think one of them would be screaming "Get off my nose!"
- I don't normally cop an attitude, but I got a number of e-mails questioning my facts on last week's trivia question that stated that Barry Horowitz once billed himself as Bret Hart.
Trust me, I know my facts on this one. In the first place, it's in the bible of wrestler monikers, Wrestling Real Names & Aliases.
But, as Konnan would say, "more importantly than all that", it's the answer to one of the greatest trick wrestling trivia questions of all time, that being "Who was Nikita Koloff's first opponent?" Nikita's first opponent was, in fact, "Bret Hart", because even though it was Barry Horowitz, he was going by the name "Bret Hart" at the time. Trust me on this one...I heard an interview with Nikita where he stated this.
- So, it had been something like a year since I'd ordered a per-per-view. Then, I ordered Superbrawl and Uncensored. Due to when they were, and when I get my cable bill, they both came on the same bill. Add their cost with my regular monthly cost, and I got creamed for $109. It wouldn't have been too bad if I had a bunch of people over watching them, but for both of them it was just my girlfriend and me.
So, in case you are wondering why I didn't order Spring Stampede...
- imho, I thought Nitro was a pretty darn good show on Monday night.
- There's a new poll on the main page.
- Trivia Answer: Bobby Eaton