WCW Worldwide - Saturday, 05/08/99
Year Ago On WorldWide: Worldwide changed times and
stations on me or I forgot (can't remember which was that
week), so I missed it. Bill had the pleasure of
watching it in my place. Oddly enough, the main event
featured Rick Steiner beaing Curt Hennig by DQ when Scott
- Anyone seen Shania Twain's video for "You Don't
Impress Me Much"? Is it just me, or does the fourth
guy in it, the one in the army truck, look just like
- In case you were wondering, the "Miss Madness
1999" that's been with Randy Savage and company
appears to be Starla Saxton, who is (or was) one of
Gorgeous George's trainers and last seen getting an upset
win on Worlwide last December...
- You realize, if some Braves game happens to take the place
of WCWSN either of the next two weeks, WCW Worldwide
would be the most important (and, the only) WCW show that
week. Let that scare you for a while.
- Scott Hudson and Larry Zybszko are the hosts this week.
- After the opening, we go back to April
26 some more
- Piper orders DDP to face Sting
- The last few minutes of the match and Sting winning the title
- Nash calling for the fourway match
- Sting agrees to the match
- The end of that match, with DDP winning
- Scott and Larry discuss, then throw it to Gene
- Mene Gene with Malenko/Benoit
- Malenko: The best of the best is right in front
- Benoit: Kidman, Misterio, just drag yourselves
to the ring and give us the belts, and you won't
- Benoit seems to enjoy the idea of beating up
Saturn and Raven, on the other hand.
- They talk about the
Cruiserweight title reign
- Back to April
26 Nitro again, for almost the whole match,
- I have to fast-forward through it...it makes me too sad.
- They show the post match beatdown of Rey.
- Slamboree Lineup
- I don't think I need to run it down now...
- Frankie "The Thumper" Lancaster vs Disco
- They talk about Disco being a lackey for the
- Can one be a lackey for a group if the group
- Lockup, Lancaster with a headlock, comes off the
ropes, hits a shoulderblock
- Lancaster continues off the ropes, but ends up
going into a Disco hip toss.
- Lancaster seems to be playing the heel. Odd.
- Lockup, Lancaster with an armwringer, Disco
reverses, Lancaster re-reverses
- Lancaster with a whip, hip toss attempted blocked
by Disco, who reverses to one of his own.
- Disco with an arm drag into an armbar.
- Still in the armbar, Lancaster gets to his feet,
but gets taken back to the mat when Disco turns
the arm again, who then drops a leg on the arm.
- Lancaster back to his feet, Disco with another
armwringer, but gets pushed into the corner,
where Lancaster punches him.
- Lancaster with a whip and backdrops Disco. He
follows with a hipswivel/disco dance. He covers
- FL kick to the mat, kick to the back, DI with a
punch to the midsection.
- FL with a eyerake
- Lancaster with with a turnbuckle smash, kick in
corner, crsss corner whip, DI with a boot up,
kick to the midsection, off the ropes and a
- Disco goes to the 2nd rope, dances, then hits an
elbowdrop for a 2 count.
- Lancaster with a headbutt to the midsection
- Lancaster whips Disco into the ropes, Disco
reverses, Frankie with a kick and a clothesline.
- Lancaster comes off the top rope, right into
Disco Inferno's boot
- DI with a boot, Last Dance, 3 count.
- Your Winner: Disco Inferno in
- Silver King (w/do-rag) vs Horace (w/Vincent and Stevie
- Stevie Ray and Horace do a double nWo/Hall point
at the entrance.
- That may be the most complicated move the nWo
does in this match.
- In any event, this may not be as good as
Rey/Juvie last week
- Horace pushes King into a corner, and punches him
- Horace with a whip and a back elbow.
- Horace with a kick to the midsection, cross
corner whip and clothesline.
- We watch Stevie Ray put on his glasses, for some
reason, before he starts talking to the camera.
- Back in the ring, it looks like Horace tried for
another cross whip, King moving out of the way of
the clothesline and hitting a back thrust kick as
we focus back on the action.
- Silver King quickly up to the second rope, for a
- Horace rolls out of the ring, but Silver King
runs to the turnbuckle (losing his do-rag in the
process), sprinboards off and hits a cross body
- Silver King with forearms on the outside.
- Vincent distracts the ref, as Horace reverses a
whip and sends Silver King into the guardrail and
- Stevie Ray comes over and kicks Silver King a few
- Horace hits a running clothesline as Silver King
- Horace throws him back in after exchanging nWo
signs with Stevie Ray.
- The referee kicks Silver King's do-rag out of the
ring, and then is distracted by Vincent and
- Horace uses his nWo weight belt to choke Silver
- Horace with a forearm shot for 2.
- Horace with a whip, misses a clothesline and an
- Silver King, still running, tries a back heel
kick, but is caught by Horace.
- Horace tries to give King a belly to back suplex,
but King switches his weight and lands on top,
- King with boots to the head, goes up top, and
hits a crossbody press.
- King tries for a jumping DDT, but is caught by
Horace and dropped, back first, in to the corner.
- Horace whips him, powerslam for 2.
- As Horace tries to pick Silver King up, King
rolls him up for 2.
- Horace with a big boot to the face, then a
fallaway slam (the H-Bomb) for 3
- Your Winner: Horace, in 4:16
- The Black and White almost have an argument, but
I don't get it, either.
- Mene Gene with Scott Steiner
- Scott Steiner: In the nWo, we're real men. Not dancers.
- Hmm...too bad they're not in the market for some new music.
- Steiner has big arms, doesn't like Bagwell and has big arms. Got it.
- Larry and Scott hype Slamboree to end the show.