WCW Worldwide - Saturday, 10/02/99
- Tony Schiavone and Larry Zybszko are the main commentators this week.
- We start with the Goldberg vs Sid feud
- Back to 9/20
Nitro, as Jimmy Hart and Brian Knobbs get
time on the microphone.
- Clip to the end of the match, spear, jackhammer,
- Brain: "Can he get him up?"
- Tony: "What do you think?"
- Brain: "Of course he can!"
- And Goldberg proceeds to have trouble
getting Knobbs up and almost dropping
- That's some good stuff.
- Goldberg challenge Sid.
- Sid walks in on the Blitz/Evan match and answers
the challenge, putting forth the restraining
- Mene Gene talks to Lenny and Lodi (the West Hollywood
Blonds) to hype Halloween Havoc
- Wow...better take a picture, 'cause you're not
seeing Lenny and the Cruiserweight belt after
- Lenny defends the tassels on the belt.
- Lenny: "This belt was in such bad shape
after I took it from Mysterio, I had to dress it
- Lenny: "We are different..."
- Hmm...besides talking about the tassels on the
belt...you'd think they'd forget that they were
- Must be *really* recently taped.
- Oh, wait, Lenny wants to give the belt a nice
- Maybe there's hope left.
- Sting's heel recent actions are recapped
- Back to 9/20 Nitro again, with Flair challenging Sting.
- Benoit interrupts and points out that he has a title shot for tonight.
- On to the match, as clips are shown, leading to...
- Lex Luger making the save for Sting
- Ric Flair making the save for Benoit
- DDP making the save for Luger/Sting
- Hogan making the save for Benoit/Flair
- Onto DDP/Flair...
- Where Sting runs in, ineffectively.
- And is followed by Luger, more effectively.
- Hogan makes the save, until he gets whacked in the knee.
- A Berlyn video is shown
- He must get dizzy with his head spinning around like that.
- We go from that into Berlyn's match on 9/20 Nitro vs Scott Armstrong.
- Brad makes the save.
- Tony and Larry talk up Berlyn some more.
- Halloween Havoc Lineup
- Hogan vs Sting
- Sid vs Goldberg
- Thunder added: Luger vs Bret.
- Silver King (w/Water Mist, Bandana and Cowboy Hat) vs
Prince Iaukea (w/o heel act, w/many references to past TV Title reign)
- Silver King spits water like, he was the Great Muta, in the air on his way to the ring.
- Prince Iaukea acts like a face. Huh?
- King charges with a dropkick, but Iaukea moves.
- Iaukea with forearms, whip, and a side kick after a few reversals
- Iaukea is whipped into the opposite turnbuckle,
but moves out of the way of a charge, and quickly
hits a springboard dropkick.
- Whip, Silver King comes back with a spinning
- King with a kick to the midsection, whip, Iaukea
with Mysterio's flip through the ropes (Tiger
Fake?) but runs right into a powerslam by Silver
- King throws Iaukea out of the ring and tries for
a double axe handle off the apron, but Iaukea
nails him with a punch.
- Iaukea throws Silver King back into to the ring,
but Silver King takes back the advantage,
knocking down the Prince with chops
- King with a standing moonsault for a 2 count
- King with a chinlock, into an eye poke.
- Iaukea fights back with palm thrusts, whips to
King to the corner, but misses the charge.
- King puts Iaukea on the turnbuckle, but gets
pushed off himself.
- Iaukea hits a missile dropkick, knocking both to the math.
- King with a spinning heel kick, whip, Iaukea
pulls off a Dragon Screw Legwhip.
- Iaukea with a Northern Lights Suplex for the win.
- Your Winner: Prince Iaukea
- Wow, guess that is Prince's finisher.
- Don't get why they had him come out as a face, though.
- Mene Gene talks with the newest Redneck, Curly Bill (w/toothpick)
- CB "Got a new Sheriff in town."
- CB "I hate that rap crap."
- CB's using the toothpick to get the roadkill he
had out of his mouth.
- CB says that the West Texas Rednecks are all
blood brothers and homeboys now.
- I think this Curly Bill thing might work.
- The whole WTR was an equally 'out of left field' idea that caught on.
- Saturn vs Adrian Byrd
- Lockup, headlock by Byrd, off the ropes,
- Saturn and Byrd reverse mat holds, then reverse
each other after a whip, until Byrd hits a
- Lockup again, and Saturn pushes him to the top
- As the ref gets the break, Saturn tries for a
punch, but Byrd ducks and tries for a whip
- Which is immediately reversed by Saturn, taking
him down to the mat. Saturn drops a couple
- Saturn follows with a with (what I think is) a
- Saturn faces Byrd, hammerlock Byrd's left
arm and belly to belly's him to the side.
- I *think* Machine Suplexes are supposed to
- But then, I've only seen them in video games, previously.
- Saturn follows up the wacky suplex with a wacky submission hold.
- Saturn sits on Byrd's shoulder, and tries
to hyperextend his arm.
- Um...Step Over Armbar, maybe?
- Saturn lets go of the armbar, but holds on to the
arm, and legdrops it
- Both men to their feet, but Saturn quickly takes
over with a Fujiwara Armbar
- I think he just might be working the arm. Yea.
- Saturn with a bodyslam, but a Asai moonsault
- Byrd escapes to the corner, gets a foot up when
Saturn charges in and knocks him down with a
clothesline for 2.
- Wow, they ought to have a class
about things that aren't worth the
trouble, like charging into a corner or
- Byrd with a whip, powerslam, 2 count,
- Byrd with a walking front slam for 2 again.
- Saturn reverses a whip by hitting a sidekick
- Saturn hits a T-Bone Suplex
- Rings of Saturn, and Byrd submits.
- Your Winner: Saturn
- The rest of the Revolution come out, and Shane
hands Saturn a mic.
- Saturn says that they're going be more casualties
until they get what they want.
- Shane says they're making things going their way,
they're not waiting for them going this way.
- Shane "Have you been happy watching what
you've watched on WCW?"
- Shane "It's time for a solution and the
Revolution is the Solution."
- Shane tries to get it over as a tag line, but no go.
- Then he goes back to the normal Revolution catch
- "Out with Evolution, and in with the
Revolution" and you can just barely hear it
over the HEAVILY DUBBED IN crowd.
- Larry and Tony talk about the tension in the Revolution,
then close out the show.