WCW Worldwide - Saturday, 11/27/99
- Various highlights and recaps of the November
15 Nitro take up the first half hour
- But since my VCR didn't get any of them, we'll just skip to...
- Highlights of Goldberg vs Hennig
- Not just highlights, most of the match, actually.
- Pretend you're Curt Hennig for a sec:
- You've just lost to Goldberg, but managed
not to be pinned by him, and not to lose
- Why in the world do you go after the ref?
- I mean, even if he said you quit and you
didn't, you're still better off.
- Tony: "The Powers That Be are making a name
for themselves at the expense of the wrestlers."
- Wow, Tony has a better grasp on things
than the writers do.
- Larry Z congratulates AC Jazz on walking out rather
than be treated badly by Russo.
- Well, he doesn't say 'Russo', but I'm
about sick of that other phrase.
- Larry talks about walking out himself if they do anything else to her or annoy him.
- Hmmm....maybe that's an angle?
- Probably more likely like the Dusty/Dustin
situation, where they're working around a real
- After a break, they resume the conversation
- Tony says that Larry could be in trouble for
- Larry says he doesn't care if he gets fired, he's
all set...it'll just give him another day to golf
- Fidel Sierra vs Prince Iaukea
- Mike Tenay and Scott Hudson are the in-arena
- Tenay "This is an important match up for both
- You've got to give him credit for saying
that without laughing
- At least they're not bringing up a
certain title reign.
- Sierra attacks Iaukea from behind before the bell..
- ...but Iaukea reverses momentum with a turnbuckle
head smash followed by a missile dropkick
- Prince with right hand jabs, a whip and a
- Iaukea with a whip, kick caught, but the enziguiri
- Sierra rolls out, lures the Prince to the ropes
and gives him a Stungun
- Fidel throws Iaukea out of the ring, but argues
with the ref...
- Which allows the Prince to hit a Springboard
Sunset Flip for a two count
- The Sunset Flip gets partially blown and
ends up being more of an inside cradle.
- Fidel up quick with a clothesline, followed by
- Iaukea reverses and pushes Fidel into the corner,
cross corner whip, Iaukea charges in...to a Fidel
- Tenay and Hudson talk up Larry possibly getting
in trouble for his comments earlier in the show.
- Hudson says that they might agree, but
they'd like to work for WCW for a few
- Iaukea reverses a slam to a inside cradle, 2 count.
- Fidel up quick again and with a clothesline, 1
- Fidel with a chop, pushing Iaukea in the corner.
- Iaukea fights back, snapmare takedown, then picks
Fidel back up for a whip.
- Fidel comes back with a punch, then a side belly
to belly suplex for a 2 count.
- Fidel with a decently lengthed chinlock, followed
by a slam, while the announcers hype Meng later
- Sierra to the top with a flying gutdrop (or an
axehandle that had no chance at hitting),
allowing the Prince to hit a punch to the gut,
and follow with a falling headbutt to the
- Iaukea with a whip, backdrop, and goes up top for
a flying cross body, which connects and gets 3.
- Your Winner: Prince Iaukea
- Adrian Byrd vs Meng
- Meng's got the big hair and the big pants look
- Meng starts by just pounding on Byrd for thirty
seconds, then going into a choke.
- Meng corners Mickey Jay, but then goes back to
Byrd, chopping and choking him in the corner.
- Meng goes back to some more general purpose
pounding, then a BACK RAKE OF DOOM.
- Meng with another choke.
- Meng with an eye rake, more chops and kicks in the
corner, leading to another choke.
- Byrd with a back elbow, but no sale.
- Meng with a headbutt, then some elbows.
- Byrd tries some forearms, Meng no sells but doesn't
attack, so Byrd tries a whip, which is reversed
- Byrd running clothesline, no sell.
- Byrd dropkick, slight sell.
- Byrd with another dropkick, which misses really
bad, Meng covering by pretending to swat him away.
- Couldn't tell if it was supposed to miss
or not, but it didn't look good.
- Meng with Tongan Fu, then the Tongan Death Grip.
- Your Winner: Meng
- Meng makes a motion to go after Mickey Jay, who
bails out of the ring.
- Meng does the Tongan Death Grip sign, and a whole
bunch of kids in the crowd mimic him.
- Was is that a pinfall move and not a submission?
- Maybe it's easier to count to three than to raise
an arm three times?
- Hudson says back to the arena after this, but we've
got a little more time than usual.
- That and the "Uh oh, Larry's in trouble"
talk makes me go 'Hmm.'
- But, we get a LONG commercial break...so nothing's
- Final words...
- Tony hypes the complete rundown of the Mayhem card
- Larry gets one more complaint about his dislike of Russo and Co. running things before we go...
- They're almost acting like this is something that'll
be followed up on other shows.
- Imagine that, if you will...an angle not just
existing, but STARTING on Worldwide.
- Nah. Not possible.
- But if something DOES happen on Nitro, I'll be