The way I read your 11/27/1999 WCW Saturday Night report, you couldn't determine all of the words bleeped out by Shane Douglas.
By far, the word most bleeped out by the censors was the word foreigner. Tenay and Hudson actually made a comment (I forget the exact words) essentially saying that it was silly for the censors to bleep that word out.
I find it odd that "foreigners" escapes the censors, but "jackass" gets by them on a taped program.
In your WCW Saturday Night report for 11/27/99 you wrote:
"I highly doubt that most of the words bleeped out from Douglas' tirade were actual profane words."
I was at the show and can assure you they were. BTW, Doug's thought police were in full effect that night, taking two signs from me: "Today is Tuesday" and "We are Taped! 11/23/99!" But then they let my brother keep the following signs: "Buckle up Eddy, it's our law" and "Is Chyna in Asya?" Ah well...go figure. Just wanted to let you know.
Everyone in Southwest Virginia is invited to come out to Triton Championship Wrestling's Season's Beatings 99: Christmas for Kids this Saturday night (December 11th) at Chilhowie High School in Chilhowie, VA.
The show starts at 7:30 and admission is one new, unopened toy or any cash donation that you wish to make. All toys and cash go to needy children in the area so they will have a merrier Christmas.
Expect to see Hoot Gibson, Ronnie Garvin, The Nerdy Boyz, the Underground, Deathrow 2000 and many others including the main event of TCW Champ Tony Richards vs. UWA champ Eddie Bruiser in a title vs. title, company vs. company cage match! Come out and support a good cause!
Thanks for your time,
Triton Championship Wrestling
HOW THINGS WOULD BE DIFFERENT IF MICROSOFT BUILT CARS
- A particular model year of car wouldn't be available until AFTER that year, instead of before.
- Every time they repainted the lines on the road, you'd have to buy a new car.
- Occasionally your car would just die for no reason, you'd have to restart it. For some strange reason, you would just accept this.
- You could only have one person at a time in your car, unless you bought a car '95 or a car NT, but then you'd have to buy more seats.
- You would be constantly pressured to upgrade your car. (Wait a second -- it's that way NOW!)
- Sun Motorsystems would make a car that was solar powered, twice as reliable, 5 times as fast, but only ran on 5% of the roads.
- The oil, alternator, gas and engine warning lights would be replaced with a single "General Car Fault" warning light.
- People would get excited about the "new" features in Microsoft cars, forgetting completely that they had been available in other brands for years.
- We would still be waiting for the 6000 Sux 58' model to come out.
- We'd all have to switch to Microsoft GasTM.
- Lee Iacocca would be hired-on as Bill Gates' chauffeur.
- The US government would be GETTING subsidies from an automaker, instead of giving them.
- New seats will force everyone to have the same size ass.
- Ford, General Motors and Chrysler would all be complaining because Microsoft was putting a radio in all its models. If cars had experienced the same technological progress that computers have experienced in the last two decades, cars would get 400 miles per gallon, have 40,000 horsepower, cost under $500, and blow up at least once per week, killing all occupants.
Also, I question the logic toward putting Juvi and his really horrendous Rock impersonation behind the booth when Scott Hudson could be used instead. I used to be the biggest Hudson basher back in the day, but I really, really respect his play-by-play announcing now. He could be a big asset for Thunder if given the chance, as he does his best to put anything and everything over.
On the flip side, I do appreciate the effort toward adding star power to this show, as it was sorely needed. I'm also glad that someone in the back realized that Creative Control as tag champs wasn't cutting it. I'm also really digging the new Revolution, but why are they feuding with Duggan? I mean, the storyline makes sense and all, but a group with that much talent could do so much better.
Thinking about the Revolution/Duggan feud, I wonder how a WarGames would work.
Anyway, I'm hoping that next week will be a more inspired product. See you then.