WCW Worldwide - Saturday, 01/07/01
- Hi. I'm filling in for The Cubs Fan this week, because
"The Man" decided to be not-nice-people and
change Worldwide's time without notifying him personally.
- So let's do this - because one time recapping stints for
one of the better sites on the Net is a GOOD THING.
- We're joined by Mike Tenay and Scott Hudson this week.
- Hudson tells us stuff.
- Tenay's gonna give us his Pick of the Week.
- We're gonna see ourselves some Exclusive Action
- And everyone's favorite segment, "ask
- Mike gives us some grief about that wonderful
Sid/Steiner/Jarrett/Mystery Partner situation.
- Flair on Thunder.
- Shill me once, shill me twice...
- Jarrett confronts Flair.
- Flair says if Jarrett loses tonight's main event,
then he won't be in the Sin title match.
- And tonight's opponent is...the oh so loveable
- Sid vs. Jarrett (Thunder)
- Pant leggings for Sid? Whoa.
- LA PARKA RETURNS!
- Oh, wait - it was Scott Steiner.
- What a letdown.
- Scott and Mike talk some more about this situation.
- They don't even know if it's going to be a 3 or 4
- Those Natural Born Thrillers were making a mockery of the
titles, until the Insiders beat them, Hudson says.
- Tenay is such a jerk - he likes the Thrillers. I
wanna punch him in the face.
- He brings up that the MIA had to contend with the
same thing that the Insiders will have to do deal
with next week at Sin.
- Clips (Thunder)
- Flair and Sanders talk about the Insiders, who
Sanders decided not to book.
- Sanders tells his Thrillers that there's no way
in hell that the Insiders are coming, so the
Thrillers can do whatever they like in their
match against the MIA.
- Before the Thrillers vs. MIA match, Sanders says
a whole bunch o' nothing.
- After the match, the Thrillers open up their limo
to find...the Insiders! Cue the tomfoolery!
- Tenay and Hudson give their picks for who'll win at Sin.
- Hudson picks the Insiders.
- Tenay, that jerk, picks the Thrillers.
- Ask wCw.com: "Your feet look big on TV. What
size shoe do you wear?" - Gloria Jacobs to the Cat.
- Umm...women watch this show?
- The Cat is a size 13.
- Tenay's pissed about these asinine questions on the show.
- And he's even more incredulous that Gloria's
getting a free Worldwide t-shirt.
- Scott takes a whiff of the t-shirt and throws it
away, believing Mike wore it before.
- Tenay and Hudson talk about Goldberg's book.
- So we see Goldberg, talking to some radio guy via
- He's Jewish and he'd never wrestle on Yom Kippur.
- They talk briefly about his old football days.
- We also see some clips of the Power Plant...while
Goldberg talks about...the Power Plant!
- He says he used to watch a lot of Texas
Championship Wrestling, with his favorites being
Tony Atlas and Bruiser Brody.
- He realizes that he may be looked at as a role
model and accepts it.
- The key word for all of us to learn from his book
- Tenay's Pick of the Week.
- Oh, joy - it's Col. Parker vs. Madusa at
- I think I hate him even more.
- He thinks his cell phone is a Remote Control, but
it won't work. Hudson coughs up the remote.
- WCW Uncensored ' 96: Col. Rob Parker vs. Madusa
- I think Parker used to team with Jeff Jarrett in
Memphis. Thanks, Bill Apter!
- Madusa looks old here, but somewhat less hideous
than her current state.
- Lockup, Parker with a choke - pushing Madusa into
the corner...and a clean break.
- Locking up again, Parker again with a choke,
clean break, but Madusa with a hard shove.
- Both lockup - this time, Parker is being moved
toward the corner, and Madusa hits an armdrag.
- Parker stalls and tells the ref that Madusa
hooked his pants.
- Parker lifts up Madusa into a fireman's carry,
airplane spin, but Madusa rolls him up for 2.
- Madusa hits a scoop slam on a dazed Parker.
- Parker rests outside and wipes his brow with a
handkerchief while chatting with Dick Slater,
who's just come by.
- Back in, Parker chokes Madusa, lifts her up and
there's the double chokeslam.
- Parker misses an elbowdrop.
- Madusa hits a missile dropkick from the 2nd rope.
- Madusa hits another one.
- Parker goes outside, so Madusa hits a pretty
horrid (in execution) plancha on him.
- Madusa with stomps and kicks.
- Back in, Madusa whips, reversed, Madusa bounces
off and has a waistlock.
- After a few seconds, she hits a German suplex for
2, as Slater pulls her leg off to kill her
- Parker rolls on top - cover, 2, 3.
- Your winner: Col. Rob Parker in
- Tenay gives us the lowdown on what's up with Madusa.
- She trains the females over at the Power Plant.
- Also, she writes a column in the WCW mag, which
he pulls out.
- Hudson takes the magazine and shows us the cover,
which has Sting on it.
- Tenay takes it back, so he can look at his
- The guys run down the Sin PPV lineup.
- Tenay and Hudson talk about Shane Douglas.
- He's in our exclusive main event. Somewhere, I
think Cubs is smiling.
- Norman Smiley's the tuneup for Douglas' matchup
with General Rection next Sunday.
- Torrie Wilson doesn't seem to have a name
anymore. She's now referred to as the "meal
- Norman Smiley vs. The Franchise
- Franchise says to cut the music.
- To sum this up nicely, he doesn't like Memphis.
- Smiley and Franchise tentively lock one of their
- They lockup.
- Franchise with a kneelift and clubbing blows to
- Franchise choking Smiley on the ropes.
- Franchise whips, Smiley bounces off and ducks a
- Smiley with a waistlock, Franchise falls down so
that Smiley's hooked him in a windmill position.
- Smiley teases the SMBU, but Franchise reaches the
ropes to avoid that.
- Franchise leaves the ring to yell some more.
- Franchise turns his back away, so Smiley comes
out to club Franchise on his back.
- Smiley whips him onto the apron.
- Smiley hooks Franchise in a urinage position,
then drives his back onto the apron.
- Smiley throws Franchise in, only to pull him back
- Smiley whips him into the railing.
- Smiley with a headbutt.
- Smiley throws Franchise back in, but stands
between the middle rope to tease the Wiggle.
- Franchise pulls the rope up enough to crotch
Smiley. He does this about 3 or 4 times.
- My mom is laughing.
- Franchise with a snapmare and yanks on Smiley's
- Smiley getting back up and hitting breadbasket
elbows along the way.
- Smiley to and off the ropes, up and over Douglas,
and hits a Side Russian Legsweep for 2.
- Smiley with punches.
- Smiley whips Franchise to the ropes, Franchise
bounces off, back bodydrop by Smiley.
- Smiley whips Franchise to the ropes, Franchise
bounces off, back elbow by Smiley.
- Douglas staggers, so Smiley bounces off and hits
- Smiley teases the Wiggle to a BIG pop.
- Smiley hits a clothesline.
- Smiley with a cross corner whip, Franchise to the
corner, but Smiley runs into Franchise's boots.
- Franchise takes a chain out of his tights, but
Smiley schoolboys him for 2.
- Smiley ducks a clothesline and responds with
- 10 Punch Spot by Smiley.
- Smiley with yet another Wiggle tease.
- Crosscorner whip by Smiley, reversed, Smiley up
and over and hits a winding scoop slam.
- Big Wiggle time, but Franchise hits a low blow.
- Franchise hits the Franchiser.
- Cover, 2, 3.
- Your winner: The Franchise in
- Tenay and Hudson talk about the Sin main event.
- Will there be 3 or 4 men in the main event?
- Tenay says this is the biggest test for Steiner.
- And that's it.
- I'd like to say thanks to Bill and The Cubs Fan
for letting me contribute just this once for this