WCW Worldwide - Saturday, 03/03/01
- Scott and Mike hype the show
- Oh boy, an interview with Shane Douglas.
- Anyway, they're in SuperBrawl recap mode.
- The focus on Ric vs the other people.
- Back to SuperBrawl Revenge
- Ric and Steve talk about the Loser Leaves Town stipulation.
- And then they announce it in the ring.
- We see Nash being wheeled out.
- All these are video, not stills.
- Nash pins Steiner, new champion.
- Now it is a 2 out of 3 falls match
- DDP gets punked out.
- Nash gives up to the Steiner Recliner - or at least we
assume he does, as they cut off before the finish.
- Hudson talks about "abuse of power" which sounds so
familiar in an angle involving Flair.
- Worldwide Trivia: How old was Shane Douglas when
he won his first title?
- On Nitro, Diamond Dallas Page was the Magnificent Seven's next target.
- Funeral and Kanyon and all that.
- Here's the last five seconds of that main event.
- And Scott Steiner chasing DDP out of the ring.
- Time for Ask WCW.com
- This week's question is for - hey, they haven't fired Gene O
- I mean, if they're doing interviews without interviewers,
why are they paying Gene?
- This week's question is from Dave King of Arizona City, Arizona
- which WCW Superstar have you enjoyed interviewing the most?
- Gene says he's had a lot of favorites - the Crusher, the Bruiser,
Mad Dog Vachon, Nick Bockwinkle, Hogan, Savage, Piper. From the
'90s, a lot of people. But of all them, Ric Flair was the best.
- Tenay answers the question as if he was asked, remembering his
first appearance as part of WCW in '95 - his first interview was
with Harlem Heat and Sherri. And he remembers when Vader slammed
him into a locker - and Hudson wisely cuts him off and reminds him
that the question wasn't for him.
- Tenay doesn't care and would like to keep talking but Scott
regains control of the show for the good of mankind.
- Shane Douglas likes to talk.
- But I don't like to hear him talking.
- Hudson lies and says that Douglas is one of his all time
- Too bad Vampiro isn't still around.
- This segment could be "Interview with a Vampire"
- Shane didn't want this Flair feud to come back again, he tells
- The XFL game is more interesting then this.
- Shane says that Bill Watts and the UWF was responsible to all
the stuff we saw on Monday night.
- Shane won the UWF TV title at 21.
- Hudson brings up the Dynamic Dudes
- Talk about him being IC champion.
- Yea, that was a historic run.
- Talk about ECW, but we take a turn towards the time he spent out
of wrestling caring for his father.
- Oh no, since this has been so interesting (to no one), we get a
second part next week.
- Then again, it does seem to make sense that Shane would talk
so much, we couldn't fit in into one episode.
- One week, they will actually stop showing the Randy Savage/Slim Jim commercial.
- That week is not this week.
- The Greed card, as they have it.
- Wait, first, let's hype the Spring Break-Out Tour.
- Scott Steiner (c) vs Diamond Dallas Page for the World Title.
- Sean O'Haire/Chuck Palumbo (c) vs Totally Buff for the Tag
- Chavo Guerrero Jr (c). vs Shane Helms for the Cruiserweight
- The Finals for the Cruiserweight Tag Title tournament
- If you were paying attention to that interview, you already know the
trivia answer: 21
- Time for the Professor's Pick Of the Week
- Okay, I have a cold and I'm doing this all live - can't find a
blank tape to save my life.
- So, I'm begging Mike to pick another crappy match (like most
times since the good stuff the first two weeks) so I can blow this
- And Scott's looking forward to it - so this must be bad.
- Scott does his impersonation of, um, he says "Bunkhouse
Buck" but I don't quite believe him.
- We go back 7 years - May 1994.
- There was a bunkhouse match that set this up - but since Dustin
lost, we go to his favorite kind of match.
- Dustin Rhodes vs Bunkhouse Buck (w/Col. Parker) in a bullrope match,
from Slamboree '94
- THANK YOU MR. TENAY!
- I remember them saying that the Bunkhouse match is the match of
- I guess that changes depending on the storyline.
- Dustin attacks before the bell and they don't even get the rope
hooked on Bunkhouse.
- As a substitute, Dustin hooks him to the ropes by wrapping it
around his neck and choking him with it.
- There's a bell on the rope. Don't ask me why.
- Don't tell me why, either.
- Anyway, after Buck actually gets the rope on, we're told this
isn't a "touch all four corners" match - you've got to get
- It is always weird to go back years and hear how Tony's voice
has (strangely) changed.
- Dustin hits about 2,000,000 low blows in this match.
- The XFL game is more interesting then this, too.
- Ha, a "we want blood" chant.
- Bill Apter is taking pictures at ringside.
- This must be in Philadelphia, because I saw the ECW Hat Guy. (Ed: Yep, it was in Philadelphia.)
- I should've known that from the "We Want Blood"
- You know it's a very uninteresting match when I'm identifying
- Also, not calling any moves.
- Dustin uses the ropes and other things to hurt work over Buck's
left leg a lot.
- Buck ends up pulling Dustin's shirt off his head, then hitting
him with his belt and the cowbell.
- Back to the XFL game.
- Back to the match: Buck's choking him with the rope. He's got
the ropes so Dustin's tied to the corner post.
- This match goes on and on and now I realize we're not getting a
(relatively) new match now.
- There's another low blow.
- Dustin unties himself and takes control, including a lot of
- "We Want Blood" chant.
- Heenan confuses it with a "USA" chant.
- There's the ref bump - Nick Patrick is down, and Dustin actually
hits a wrestling move.
- Parker's in, distracting Dustin for an attack.
- Dustin overcomes the odds and covers for the win.
- I think a failed double team might have been involved.
- Yay! It's over.
- Your Winner: Dustin Rhodes (appx. 44 hours, but actually
- Terry Funk runs in to clobber Dustin with the branding iron
after the match.
- Where were you before, Terry?
- I could've used you minutes ago.
- Dustin supposedly bleeds somewhere in here, though I don't see
- He may well have and they just didn't show it.
- Spike Piledriver - well, if they can get Dustin up.
- They can't, so we just go back to the general beatdown.
- Officials and security run in for the save.
- Oh, wow, you can see the blood all over the mat but we don't get
a good shot of Dustin's head.