House Show Results from Charlottesville, VA, Friday, March 27th, 1998
House Show Results from Charlottesville, Friday, March 27th, 1998
by Andre Coleman
- Psychosis over El Dandy with the guillotine leg drop from the top.
- Psychosis received a huge pop (mostly because the crowd was jacked and ready for anyone....including
Hardbody Harrison, who incidentally has a great new Sanford look going on).
- Dandy drew lots of heel heat.
- Chris Jericho over Prince Iaukea to retain the Cruiserweight belt.
- Jericho told everyone that he wants them to cheer him and boo Iaukea since he's a king and Iaukea is a
prince, which started some "Jericho Sucks!" chants.
- A decent match, with Jericho winning with the Lion Tamer.
- Bill Goldberg beat Jerry Flynn in an unusually long bout for Goldberg.
- On the way to the ring, a fan held out a "Goldberg fears 3:16" sign, which Goldberg swatted
- In the match, Flynn knocked Goldberg down a few times with some
kicks, but eventually fell victim to the Jackhammer.
- Booker T over Chavo Guerrero with the Big Apple side kick to retain the TV belt.
- Eddie was originally scheduled to be the one to face Booker, but he decided to be
"nice" and give Chavo a shot. Booker said he didn't really care, he just wanted
to kick Chavo's ass for what he did on Thunder the previous night.
- Chavo was drawing some major heel heat, constantly stalling outside the ring ala Curt Hennig.
- Booker grabbed the mic from Penzer and said that if he doesn't get his ass into the ring,
he's going to "get one of them Charlottesville boys to kick your ass." This drew
a gigantic pop from the crowd.
- Chavo dominated most of the match with some help
from Eddie, but Booker came back to win.
- There was a 15 minute intermission, and when the event started back up, the crowd
was rabid. The nWo porno music started up, and Kevin Nash walked out. "Wait a second,
that's Bryan Adams! That nasty f--ker!" some guy yelled. Adams looked a hell of
a lot like Nash walking out, and when the fans saw it wasn't "big sexy," they booed.
- The British Bulldog came out to face Adams in a complete DUD match.
- Various "boring"
chants broke out, and our misery was finally ended when Adams won with a vicious
- Diamond Dallas Page & Chris Benoit over Saturn & Raven.
- Raven didn't come out
until halfway through the match, and when he did, the crowd erupted.
- They brawled
a little bit in the entrance way, using trash cans as weapons.
- Benoit won the match
with the crossface, and DDP also gave the Diamond Cutter to Raven after the match.
- Great bout.
- Ric Flair over Curt Hennig with a roll up.
- Massive stalling by Hennig before the
match, but the crowd didn't care because the Nature Boy was putting on a real show
in the ring.
- Extremely short match, which first ended with Hennig scoring a pinfall
over Flair with his feet on the ropes, but the ref saw it at the last second and
retstarted the match.
- Hennig was arguing with the ref, and Flair snuck up from behind
and rolled him up for the victory.
- Decent show, but I was dead tired from staying up the night before watching Police
Academy 3 for the first time. It was hot as hell in the arena too, but I had a good